10 Incredible Social Media Stats
For those still wondering whether or not their business should be active on social media, the answer is a resounding YES!
These incredible social media stats prove that this online phenomenon and not going to die down any time soon.
1) Out of a worldwide population of 7.7 billion people, 3.499 billion are active social media users.
2) The average daily time spent on social media is 142 minutes a day.
3) A total of 91% of retail brands use two or more social media channels to engage with current and potential customers.
4) Around 81% of all small and medium businesses use some kind of social platform to promote their brand.
5) The number of social media users grew by 202 million between April 2018 and April 2019 - working out at a new social media user every 6.4 seconds.
6) Facebook Messenger and Whatsapp handle over 60 billion messages a day.
7) Facebook now sees 8 billion average daily video views from 500 million users.
8) Around 74% of Facebook users check it every day.
9) There are 60 million active business pages on Facebook.
10) Facebook accounts for 53.1% of social logins made by consumers to sign into the apps and websites of publishers and brands
These stats prove that social media, and Facebook in particular, is very beneficial for brands and businesses.
ITSys provides professional social media business page management services on behalf of businesses that want to maintain a presence on social media and interact with the online audience.